Wuhan to lift outbound travel restrictions April 8

WUHAN, the Chinese city hardest hit by the novel coronavirus outbreak, will lift outbound travel restrictions from April 8 after over two months of lockdown, local authorities said yesterday.

Vehicles back to Wuhan wait to pass through a highway toll station in Wuhan, Hubei Province yesterday. Photos from Xinhua

People in Wuhan will be allowed to leave the city and Hubei Province, where Wuhan is the capital, if they hold a green health code, indicating they have had no contact with any infected or suspected COVID-19 cases, according to a circular issued by the provincial COVID-19 control headquarters.

Wuhan will take differentiated measures to promote the resumption of business operations based on the health risk levels of different regions to mitigate the impact on the economy, the circular said.

Other areas in Hubei will lift outbound transportation restrictions from today. Migrant workers who hold green codes and negative nucleic acid testing results will be sent out of the province to their workplace directly. Hubei will continue to postpone the opening of schools until further notice, the circular said.

A staff member gives permission to people to drive through after health check at a highway toll station in Wuhan yesterday.

On Jan. 23, Wuhan declared unprecedented traffic restrictions, including suspending the city’s public transport and all outbound flights and trains, in an attempt to contain the epidemic within its territory. Similar restrictions were soon introduced in other areas in Hubei.

One newly confirmed COVID-19 case was reported Monday in Wuhan after the city had seen zero new reports for five consecutive days.

Firefighters conduct disinfection on the platform of Wuhan Railway Station yesterday.

Wuhan is allowing real estate companies to resume production in batches. The government supports these companies to conduct online and offline marketing activities in an orderly manner, according to a notice issued Monday by Wuhan Housing Security and Management Bureau.

The public need to go through real-name registration for taking public transportation or taxis, the city’s transportation bureau said Sunday.

It applies to buses, ferries, trams, subways and taxis that have resumed operations.

Staff overhaul a subway train at a train depot in Wuhan on Monday.

The public can use Alipay or WeChat for online identification before taking public transportation or taxis. Those who fail to authenticate themselves will be barred from taking these vehicles.

Middle and primary school students, senior citizens and disabled people must show their IDs when they take taxis. They must use their student cards, senior cards or cards for the disabled to board public transportation. IDs are needed if they fail to bring these cards.

Passengers can scan barcodes on these vehicles to track their transportation records.

Meanwhile, Xiangyang Airport, Enshi Airport and Shennongjia Airport in Hubei will resume flights starting today, the Hubei Airport Company said yesterday yesterday.

A worker works on the production line at the workshop of Dongfeng Passenger Vehicle Company in Wuhan yesterday.

About 85 percent of all industrial enterprises with an annual turnover of 20 million yuan (US$2.8 million) in Hubei had resumed production as of Monday, according to the provincial department of economy and information technology yesterday.

As of Monday, 13,155 such enterprises in Hubei had resumed work, with 1.71 million employees having returned to their posts, accounting for 60.3 percent of the total.

The department has been providing assistance to enterprises on issues such as manpower shortage, logistics and capital flow to help them resume work in an orderly manner, it said.

So far, of the 103 enterprises with an annual revenue or output value of over 1 billion yuan in Hubei’s raw materials industry, 87 have started work, with a resumption rate of 84.47 percent. All 28 enterprises in the pharmaceutical industry with an annual revenue or output value of more than 1 billion yuan have resumed work.

A total of 115 A-level tourist attractions have reopened to the public by Monday noon in Hubei. The attractions reopened with strict epidemic prevention and control measures, according to the provincial department of culture and tourism.

Source : Shenzhen Daily