What should you do if you lost your passport? – MSCE Shenzhen

What should you do if you lost your passport in Shenzhen?

Source from, Management and Service Center for Expats.

Losing your passport is one of the worst things in the world, especially when you are in a foreign country.

STEP 1: But don’t panic. Here is the procedure in Shenzhen of how to get a new passport and apply for a new visa. Obtain a “Receipt of Report” from the local Police Station of the administrative area you lost the passport.

STEP 2 : Online application for reporting loss of passport. Website :http://ga.sz.gov.cn/

Obtain a “Confirmation of Reporting the Loss of Passport” from the Exit and Entry Administration Department.

Tel: 84465490
Address: No. 4018 Jiefang Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen

Documents Required:

1. Original and photocopy of “Receipt of Report” you got in step 1
2.Photocopy of your passport
3.Three recent photographs for Foreigners in Guangdong Province and a receipt of such photo
4.Other documents considered as necessary by the public security authority

STEP 3 : Apply for a new passport at your embassy or consulate in China.

STEP 4 : Do the registration of temporary residence with your new passport in the local police station of the area you live in.

STEP 5 : Obtain a Chinese visa or Residence Permit from the Exit and Entry Administration Department of Public Security Bureau.

STEP 6 : Re-register your temporary residence after you get the new visa or new residence permit.

Expat Forum

China Travel Forum