Shenzhen 5-Day Visa on Arrival
The Shenzhen 5-day visa on arrival (VOA) enables tourists from most countries to visit Shenzhen for up to 5 days without applying for a regular visa. Visitors can’t visit other mainland cities, Shenzhen 5 days VOA only valid for visiting Shenzhen.
Note that Shenzhen VOA can neither be extended nor converted. Holders should leave China before it expires. The 5 days start counting from 00:00 the day following the entry date.
Can I Get a Visa on Arrival in Shenzhen?
1. Most European and developed countries are eligible for the five-day VOA, including US, UK, Canada, French, Australia, Germany, Korea, New Zealand, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
2. Indonesian and Filipino passport holders can get it only if they have been granted a Chinese visa previously.
3. Citizens from the following countries are ineligible: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Uganda, and Yemen.
Note: The list is subject to changes. Citizens of countries not mentioned should contact the relevant Chinese embassy or port to ask if they can apply for the Shenzhen visa on arrival.
Where to Get the VOA?
The five-day VOA is available at Luohu (Lo Wu) Port, Shenzhen Airport, Huanggang Port, Shekou Port and Fuyong Port.
|Ports||VOA Office Opening Hours||Phone Number|
|Shenzhen Airport||10:00 – the arrival of the last flight||(0755)82327700|
|Luohu Port||7:00 – 23:30||(0755)82324022|
|Huanggang Port||00:00 – 24:00||(0755)83391060|
|Shekou Port||9:00 – 13:00 & 14:30 – 17:00||(0755)26691202|
|Fuyong Port||10:00 – the arrival of the last carrier||(0755)23459289|
How to Apply for the VOA & How Long Does It Take?
Mostly you can get the visa in 15 minutes. Here are the steps:
- Show your valid passport. The five-day VOA is a sticker pasted on the passport like a regular visa. Hence, there must be at least one blank page in the applicant’s passport.
- Complete the application form when you are at the port.
- The officer will take a photo of you after you hand over your passport and application form.
- Pay for the VOA (in Chinese RMB) and you can exchange any currency in exchange, which is located in the port.
How Much Does a Shenzhen Visa Cost?
The fee for a Shenzhen VOA is the same as a regular visa. It is CNY168 for most, but not all countries. For example, UK passport holders need to pay CNY 304. Only China Yuan (CNY) is accepted by the visa-issuing ports.
1. Can I travel back and forth from HK to Shenzhen daily on this visa or do I need to apply each time？
The 5-day VOA is for single entry only, so you need to apply for it each time.
2. May I apply for Shenzhen VOA beforehand or through a travel agent?
No, you cannot. You cannot use a travel agent and you need to apply for it at the border crossing upon arrival on your own.