We hope WordCamp Asia will serve as an opportunity for participants to build a new relationship with other WordPress users across the world. If you want to meet someone new and talk about your topic of interest, don’t miss Tribe Meetup between talk sessions!
What is a Tribe Meetup?
Tribe Meetup at WordCamp Asia is a casual gathering with some cues to make it easier for a group of people to get talking.
We’ve set up some time slots to invite different groups of attendees such as developer, project manager, designer, and marketer – based on the demographic information we’ve collected in ticket information.
This is an example of a Tribe Meetup discussion at WordCamp Bangkok.
In each slot, we’ll divide up people in groups with different discussion topics. Topics could be something like these:
- Future of WordPress themes
- Plugin marketing best practices
- Meetup event format that works well
During the discussion, each group can document ideas on sticky notes and/or a large pad paper to share.
How to Participate
Tribe Meetup doesn’t require any special pre-registration. Anyone who has a session day ticket can just visit the 7th-floor lounge area when you want to participate.
Saturday, February 22nd
- Session 1: 11:15-12:00 (Designers)
- Session 2: 13:00-13:45 (Marketers)
- Session 3: 15:00-15:45 (Community Organizers)
Sunday, February 23rd
- Session 4: 11:00-11:45 (Project Managers)
- Session 5: 12:45-13:30 (Engineers)
- Session 6: 14:15-15:00 (Content Creators)
Suggest a Topic or Help as a Facilitator
While no signup is necessary, we’d love to hear from those who would like to help out by bringing up a topic and acting as a facilitator! If you are interested, please leave a comment and write:
Topic suggestion: <your topic(s)>
I’m interested in helping as a facilitator for session #
We ask you to follow these guidelines.
- If you are recommending plugins or themes, make sure they are 100% GPL compliant.
- Multiple topic suggestions are welcome but please keep 1 topic per session per person.
Note: Facilitating a session for Tribe Meetup is not the same as the “volunteer” role. Unlike a volunteer, facilitator’s commitment will be much lighter here and we’re not providing free tickets to facilitators. Speakers and volunteers are welcome to participate or facilitate as long as their schedule doesn’t conflict with the Tribe Meetup time slots.