I. Scope of Acceptance
1. Applicant: Party and government organs and institutions directly under Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government, and enterprises with independent legal personality
2. Application content: Approval of the Verification Form for Inviting Foreigners to Shenzhen
3. Application conditions:
The application can be made in Shenzhen when any of the following conditions is met:
(1) The application is made by Party and government organs and institutions directly under Shenzhen People’s Municipal Government.
(2) The application is made by enterprises with independent legal personality.
(3) The application is made based on correspondence from a Chinese embassy or consulate abroad.
(4) The application is made based on the notifications from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China and Foreign Affairs Office of the People’s Government of Guangdong Province.
1. Article 4, Chapter I of Exit-Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China
2. Articles 2 and 4, Chapter I of Regulation of the People’s Republic of China on the Administration of the Entry and Exit of Foreign Nationals (adopted at the 15th executive meeting of the State Council on July 3, 2013 and came into force on September 1, 2013).
3. Documents issued by the central government, provincial government, and municipal government.
III. Implementing Authority
The approval should be made by the Office of Foreign Affairs Work Committee of CPC Shenzhen Municipal Committee.
1. Division of Responsibilities (Municipality)
The Office of Foreign Affairs Work Committee of CPC Shenzhen Municipal Committee is an authority authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for issuing Verification Forms for Inviting Foreigners to Shenzhen. The Office should not delegate the power of issuing such certificates to its branches.
IV. Handling Conditions
(1) Article 4, Chapter I of Exit-Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China
(2) Articles 2 and 4, Chapter I of Regulation of the People’s Republic of China on the Administration of the Entry and Exit of Foreign Nationals (adopted at the 15th executive meeting of the State Council on July 3, 2013 and came into force on September 1, 2013).
(3) Documents issued by the central government, provincial government, and municipal government.
2. Necessary conditions
(1) Conditions for accepting an application:
The application should be approved when any of the following conditions is met:
The application meets the conditions for applying for a Verification Form for Inviting Foreigners to Shenzhen.
The application meets the policies and regulations of China and the requirements of the relevant foreign embassies and consulates in China.
(2) Conditions for rejecting an application:
V. Application Materials
Application materials of paper version should be submitted through A4 paper. Application materials of electronic version should be clear. Each duplicate should be signed by the applicant, be clear and consistent with the original in size.
1. The applicant should fill in the Application for Inviting Foreigners to Shenzhen at the website https://22.214.171.124:5976/rjxt/login.jsp and print the application form. The application form should be signed by the legal representative and stamped with the official seal of the applying organization. One original should be submitted.
2. Detailed application report of the applicant: The application report should be printed in simplified Chinese on letterhead paper with the name, address, phone number, and fax number of the applicant. The application report should detail the nature of the business of the two companies involved, the specific purpose of coming to China, the number of intended visits to China, the estimated time of arrival and itinerary (listing the specific itinerary of each day in China), and the basic information of the invited foreigners (including name, gender, nationality, date of birth, passport number, and occupation). The application report should be stamped with the official seal of the applicant and one original should be provided.
3. Original or duplicate of the applicant’s business license (with annual review for the previous year) or other registration and approval materials should be provided. The original will be checked with one duplicate to be collected.
4. Duplicate of the applicant (enterprise) legal representative’s Identification card (back and front) bearing the official seal of the applying organization.
5. Basic information on the latest Registration Information Query Form: The applicant can log in to the website (http://amr.sz.gov.cn/) of Shenzhen Market Supervision and Administration Bureau, select “Commercial Registration Inquiry (Commercial Subject Registration and Filing Information Query)”, search for and print the basic information, and stamp the official seal of the applicant on the printed form. One original should be provided.
6. Last year’s tax payment certificates issued by tax bureaus: The applicant can log in to relevant websites, print the certificates, and stamp the certificates with the official seal of the applicant. If the applicant enjoys tax exemption, the application should submit a report and provide the tax exemption certificate from tax authorities. If the applicant is an enterprise established for no more than one month, the applicant can provide its tax registration certificates issued by taxation bureaus. The original will be checked and one duplicate will be collected.
7. One duplicate of the valid passport of the foreigner: The photo, name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, expiration date of the passport, and other information on the passport must be clear. The remaining valid period of the passport must be more than six months. One duplicate will be collected.
8. One duplicate of the visa page and entry-exit record for foreigners: Foreigners who have visited China before must provide a clear duplicate of the visa page and entry-exit record for the last stay in China.
9. Letter of proof from the invitee’s employer: The letter must indicate the posts of the foreigners and details of their business activities in China, payer of the travel expenses and insurance premium, as well as a statement that the foreigners will abide by Chinese laws during their stay in China and will leave China on schedule. The letter should be prepared on the letterhead of the invitee, signed by the person in charge of the company of the invitee and stamped with the official seal of the invitee’s company. If the letter is prepared in a foreign language, a Chinese translation stamped with the official seal of the applicant should be provided. A duplicate will be collected.
10. Legally binding documents proving direct business relations between the applicant and the invitee: Companies involved in the import and export trade should provide (1) customs declaration forms with seals of Chinese customs and corresponding shipping bill of lading with seals of the shipping companies; (2) letters of credit issued by Chinese banks; (3) bank statements with seals of Chinese banks. The applicant can provide one duplicate of (1) and (2) or (1) and (3). (Note: Provide the original for (3) whenever possible. One duplicate will be collected.)
If unable to provide the preceding (1) and (2), production companies, technical service companies, or companies of other types of cooperation must provide (3), business contracts and legally binding materials stamped with the company seals of both parties, and other supporting materials that can provide the existing business transactions between the parties.
Note: Emails between the parties, unilateral orders/contracts, courier receipts and other documents, bank documents issued by overseas banks, and declaration forms issued by overseas customs will not be accepted. Only materials meeting the above requirements will be accepted. One duplicate of each material should be provided.
The Office of Foreign Affairs Work Committee of CPC Shenzhen Municipal Committee has the power to request the applicant to provide relevant materials other than the above 10 items, and to conduct consular certification of bills or documents provided by foreign organizations.
VI. Time Limit
1. Application time limit: None.
2. Acceptance time limit: Zero business day (the acceptance or rejection decision will be immediately made upon receipt of the application).
3. Legal time limit: Zero business day (not stipulated by law).
4. Promised time limit: Four business days (the application will be handled within four business days upon receipt).
No fees are collected.
The procedure is as follows:
The applicant should download required forms from relevant websites, fill in the forms, and submit the original paper materials to the service counter.
The service counter personnel should verify the application materials and make decisions on accepting or rejecting the materials immediately. If the applicant meets the application requirements and the application materials are complete and correctly formatted and conform to relevant regulations, the service counter personnel should accept the application and issue a Receipt of Application; otherwise, the service counter personnel should reject the application and issue a List of Materials to be Supplemented. If the applicant corrects and supplements the materials as required on site, the service counter personnel can accept the application after relevant materials are corrected and supplemented.
The reviewers will review the accepted application materials. The review decision will be made within four business days after the Verification Form for Inviting Foreigners to Shenzhen for temporary business or visit visas is accepted. If the application is approved, an approval decision will be issued and the form will be provided. If the application is rejected, the reasons for not registering or approving will not be provided and the application materials will not be returned to the applicant.
The applicant can collect the verification form at the service counter on or after the date stated on the sealed Receipt of Application.
For details about the procedure, see Figure 1 Procedure of Approving Verification Forms at the Service Counters.
1. Service counter address
(1) Service counter name: Service Counter for Approving the Verification Form of Inviting Foreigners to Shenzhen
(2) Address: No. 5 service counter in the east wing of the Administrative Service Hall, Block B, Civic Center, Fuzhong Third Road, Futian District, Shenzhen (深圳市福田区福中三路市民中心B区行政服务大厅东厅5号窗口)
(3) Phone No.: (86-755) 88125982
(4) Office hours: 09:00-12:00 and 14:00-17:45 on legal business days
(5) Transportation: Bus: 1. Civic Center Station: No. 38, No. 41, No. 60, No. 64, No. 107, No. 123, No. 232. No. 234, No. 235, No. 236, No. 374, No. 398, No. B686, No. E18, No. K578, No. M390, and No. N9. 2. Civic Center East Station: No. 301, No. 311, and No. 326.
Metro: 1. Civic Center Station: Metro Line 2 (Shekou Line, Entrance E), or Metro Line 4 (Longhua Line, Entrance B).
2. Children’s Palace Station: Metro Line 3 (Longgang Line) and Metro Line 4 (Longhua Line, Entrance D, A1 or A2)
X. Consultation and Complaint
1. The applicant can make consultation through telephone or at the service counters.
Phone No.: (86-755) 88125982
Service Counter: No. 5 service counter in the east wing of the Administrative Service Hall, Block B, Civic Center, Fuzhong Third Road, Futian District, Shenzhen (深圳市福田区福中三路市民中心B区首层行政服务大厅东厅5号窗口)
2. The applicant can make complaint through telephone or the website or at the service counter.
Phone No.: (86-755) 88102509
Service Counter: Room C2007, 2F, Civic Center, Fuzhong Third Road, Futian District, Shenzhen (深圳市福田区福中三路市民中心二楼C2007室)