Connecting People, ideas and resources
FIP is an advanced business of FASHION INCUBATOR for ardent fashion talents and brands. 15 designer brands will be selected to join a 2-year program for over 3 years.
For those selected into the program and paying a monthly participation fee of HK$1,700 throughout two years, each FIP Designer Brand will be entitled the following over the 2-year incubation period:
1. Access to Studio Space
At Clothing Industry Training Authority (CITA), Kowloon Bay (or other assigned spaces as designated by HKDC)
2. Co-creation Projects & Collaboration
Through creativity and innovation by way of experimentation, technical and artistic exploration, and crossovers, projects, and collaborations will help FIP Designer Brands to create strong differentiation factors, enhance their market attractiveness and open up more new creative and business opportunities. To kick start development, FIP Designer Brands will have a claimable project fund according to approved project proposal(s).
3. Fashion Marketing and Promotion Support
Fashion marketing and promotion support will include but not limited to press releases, media interviews, marketing, branding support, etc. as organized by FIP Secretariat.
4. Entrepreneurship Empowerment, Training, and Mentorship
FIP Secretariat will organize mentorship on a regular and ad hoc basis, and learning and exchange opportunities in areas across business planning, marketing & sales, branding, contracts & IP management, etc.
5. Fashion and Tech Intelligences
FIP Designer Brands will have access to databases and other resource centers or networks as organized by FIP Secretariat.
For whom is FIP?
Open to 5 fashion brands per year (or 15 over three years), FIP welcomes emerging, talented and committed fashion designer brands to apply to join the program.
- Having started up fashion-related business or brands for more than 3 years; with at least two collections preferably shown internationally with market attractiveness
- Being passionate with strong commitment as a fashion entrepreneur
- Having a keen eye for quality and a high degree of technical competence
- Personable with a learning attitude and aspiration to excel
- STEP 1.Submission of Application Form for Expression of Interest
- STEP 2. Attend Due-Diligence Meeting
- STEP 3. Submission of Project Proposal with project ideas, knowledge and skills gaps identified, and potential partners for the project. Then present the project idea at FIP Assessment Panel
- STEP 4. Results Announcement