This event is FREE, but you need to register on the Hardware Massive page.
IMPORTANT: To guarantee you get your waffles, send a payment of 69 RMB to the WeChat QR code. This will give you discounted early Bird pricing on two beautiful delicious waffles with ice cream and a garnish of fruit. You will be so happy you reserved early. This will also help them buy ingredients early.
QR payment number: 201807
Early Bird Waffles Price (until December 16, Monday at 1 PM): 69 RMB
Shenzhen must be the best city in the world for making electronics. It’s time we have a party for the amazing people who are making electronics or learning about electronics to meet and eat waffles. The Chuge Bar will be making their delicious waffles with ice cream and will be serving 0.5 Leaders of Würenbacher imported German beer for only 28 RMB. So don’t miss this party. The money you save in beer you can use for your Didi or taxi ride. FYI to To find the ChuGe Bar on didi, do a search for “出格休闲清吧” to find the location. It works on both the English and Chinese versions of the app.
Jose Angel Torres
He will be talking about his new creation the “Pocket Popcorn Computer,” a pocket-sized Linux computer. pocket.popcorncomputer.com/
Peter Shao (邵键林)
He will be giving a brief introduction into the company he works for, Shenzhen Youxin Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. (深圳市优信电子科技有限公司). They are located roughly 2 city blocks away from the FanShen subway station. And they have well over 1,000 m² of warehouse space with hundreds of thousands if not millions of components.
If it’s a standard component, then they probably have it. This is a huge resource for anybody who quickly needs components on the west side of Shenzhen. Please, everybody come to this event and push on Peter to consider having their components delivered by Meituan (美团外卖). This way we can get our capacitors and resistors delivered to our office in under 20 minutes.The same way we get our bubble tea delivered by guys on e-bikes with yellow helmets and jackets with a picture of a kangaroo on the back.
He will be introducing his new maker space and open office, currently under construction. It will be called “SZ H & M Space (Hobby and Maker space) “. His goal is to re-create a place like lab zero ( a central hub for people making electronics). It will be located in the Hangchengli Commercial Center
A free beer will be offered to anybody who brings a circuit board that they designed and tells the story why they made it and why it did or did not get manufactured for mass production.
• 6:30: Networking, Waffles, Beer & Soft drink
• 7:00: Opening, Demos & Pitches
• 7:20: Presentations
• 8:20: Networking, Waffles, Beer & Soft drink
• 11:00: Event Ends
• 7:00: 开场，展示和推广
• 7:20: 小组座谈
• 8:20: 社交，华夫饼，啤酒和饮料
• 11:00: 活动结束
If things go as planned we will also have some hands-on workshops on soldering through hole and surface-mount components.
This event is supported by:
• Borsam IP – devotes itself to help SME protecting their intellectual property rights in China. www.borsamip.com
• RP Group Limited – provides customers with the flexibility to order production in low quantities. www.rpgroupltd.com/
• BSG Berkeley Sourcing Group – an international turnkey manufacture provider for hardware startups. www.berkeleysg.com
• Shenzhen Party – a complete daily guide to Shenzhen and Shekou ferry, metro, apartments, jobs, maps of bars, restaurants, and shopping. www.shenzhenparty.com
• Shekou Daily – a Community Directory focusing on sharing information on businesses, events, promotions and lifestyle content to help English speakers live happy, healthy & prosperous lives in Shenzhen. www.shekoudaily.com/
• Chuge Bar and Cafe – is available during the day as a café and bar. However it can also be rented for corporate events or parties. And there is even space that can be rented as an open office and potentially maker space. www.chugebar.com/
Please note that this is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP’d through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.